View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, I want to try again. One thing I might try is to use my pet/eye of zomm to pull the first seahorses away from the choke point. However, one thing that I noticed is that the mob who killed me was an enthralled bulthar. I have no idea where it comes from (didn't even see it before dying, but saw the damage). Since it isn't a fish, it won't stop following me if I jump out of the water. My questions are therefore:

1) Any tips on how to reach the eastern temple? The Siren hunting guide says it requires practice. How can I succeed with the least amounts of trial/error (need a necro to summon my corpse every time).

2) Any idea on where this bulthar comes from? How do I avoid aggroing it?

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you come in from CS, invis past first set of mobs and and wait on the ledge to the right. There is a swimming bulthar or ulthork pather in the water. Watch it a few times and see the point that it gets the most to the left. That's when you want to dive in and swim right. Hug the right wall and once you clear the tunnel start jumping at the surface to clear seahorse aggro while continuing to swim forward. The bulthar that killed you is on a ledge above and behind you as you exit the tunnel. It will aggro if you are out in the middle of the water, but not if you are hugging the wall (at least it didn't aggro my druid at 57). From this point it's easy. Swim while occasionally jumping and you can make it to the temple. Exit water in the center between the 2 sirens at the temple.

I would not recommend using eye of zomm btw. It has a huge aggro range, and if you get an ulthork or bulthar aggro you will need to die or zone.

If anyone in your friend group has an enchanter, I'd recommend they come over and scout for you. If they haven't killed there before, the level 12 alliance spell is enough to make them non-kos throughout the zone. You can check mob pathing etc safely before attempting it.