View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

From my limited experience with being involved with a KS / camp dispute situation, the GM in question...

1) Looked at the chat logs to see if the players involved tried communicating with each other in regards to the situation.
2) Determined if the situation was still ongoing (for me it was).
3) Teleported in w/ GM invisibility going on so they could see for themselves what was up.
4) Took matters into hand and rendered a judgement.

In my particular case it was a camp dispute where I had 4 mobs that spawned next to each other in an open world setting all broken to singles with a long stretch of time where none were spawned at all for my med breaks, and an incredible douche walked up and parked themselves to start taking spawns. This was Butcherblock, not OOT.

Anyway, the GM assessed the situation by watching what was going down and doing a review of the combat logs, and told me that open world outdoor mobs can only be 'camped' by a single spawn by a single player, and that I had to share. I had even pointed out other spawns that were not being camped and were available for the douche to hunt in a whisper to that player, but no dice. The GM agreed that the other player was being unreasonable but was working within the limit of the rules, so nothing was to be done.

I think 60 min later I trained and killed the player, and killed them again a 2nd and 3rd time later that evening with a clever use of game mechanics and they logged for the day, but that's not a part of the topic at hand.

The point is, no one would be banned unless tangible evidence of being an ass and breaking the rules was there for the GM to find.