View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a guild mate that played on a Surface pro. It can be done but I have no personal experience to share since I avoid mobile/tablet like the plague, its bad enough living with the shame of a Windows 10 tablet OS on desktops.

Best of luck and slay an orc for me.
This might be possible on a Surface Pro, because it's actually a Windows laptop (that just looks like a tablet). But Android laptops don't run Windows; they run Android.

The only way you could possibly run EverQuest on an Android tablet would be if you somehow could get root access, then somehow manage to install WINE through that root access: in theory Android is a UNIX OS, so in theory it could be possible ... but I'm guessing Android lacks all sorts of supporting libraries that would be necessary ...

... which means your only option to "play EQ on Android" is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best bet would probably be some sort of Remote Desktop App that allows you to play your desktop from your Android device.
... because that way you're still playing on a computer, and just sort of forwarding the screen/controls to your tablet.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.