View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~1pp/level is the generally recommended tip, but can range from like 0.5-2pp/lvl. If you are low level, they probably won't expect much from you, if anything at all. If you don't have any money, just communicate that.

I would recommend trying to not get upset over something as trivial as not getting a reply after lowballing a person. You're going to come across a maladjusted manchild with serious social skill deficits every so often, but you should be able to get along with most people, unless of course you are one of the aforementioned.
I remember from playing vanilla EQ that people will often haggle a bit in EC. I used to typically offer a tiny bit less (such as 10pp less on a 60pp average item) to test their desperation, and then they would offer a price slightly higher they’d be willing to go for and we’d settle for that. Back then most people would at least have the courtesy to type out 3 letters of nty and/or not put me on ignore to at least see if I would offer a higher price (which I did but was already on ignore it appeared)

Imagine going into a store in a area where it’s culturally acceptable to haggle and offering a price for something slightly below the store tag and the store owner stops talking and pretends you aren’t there. That’s basically the same thing