View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50+ bard dungeon crawling will mostly consist of charming a mob, sending it on other target, dotting it, then switching targets when charms break and dot old pet, repeat. Depending on the area, if you are comfortable with the environment, bard snare is extremely powerful and you can also fear kite in pretty tight spaces, timing your breaks and watching positioning while loading it up with dots and throwing in some face tanking. You will eventually run oom and have to afk for a long while as bards cap at 2 mana regen/tick sitting. If you continuously stock up on root nets, you can do some serious damage, even just sitting back and loading up as many dots as possible, but more importantly helping control additional adds if you get them on a crawl.

Thing about bard play in general is it just gets exhausting after awhile. I too, played a monk on live, so had no desire to play one here. Based on your original post, I think SK is the right move. They aren't fast soloers, but viable and you'll get some nice hack and slash and if you ever do raid they get access to some pretty cool toys. I've been leveling one and having FD again is great. I went Iksar because I prefer the way they look in Velious, along with regen & ac bonus. Greenmist is a nice perk too as I'll likely be skipping the epic. But can't really go wrong with any of their race choices. Will be even more fun next patch once they get on warrior dmg table as well as 2H dmg bonus.
I fully endorse this post. When I solo in dungeons with my bard, I'm always tired at the end. Playing with an overgeared SK is just easy-going comparatively.

cheers,

Astuce