Thread: Casual TLP
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you're the type that enjoys making alts and doing the same content over and over you're eventually gonna hit max and get bored of the solo/group content available at 60. It just is what it is.
I'm with PatChapp. Everyone will get bored of anything, given enough time. I can't think of any single hobby that's solely adequate to keep my attention for twenty or thirty years.

In theory a max-level player should get bored with the non-raid game on P99 a lot more slowly than he would with the raid game for the simple reason that there is dramatically more non-raid content available. In practice, the max level non-raid game has some other issues keeping a lot of folks out. Pushing the envelope can be tough and most players flat-out suck. Dead weight can be carried along just fine in a 80 man zerg raid, but not so much in a duo!. Further, lots of players get pixel sick and nearly all the shiniest pixels are raid loot, so that also lures players in. However, for the minority of players who don't care overmuch about pixels and are good enough to function without fifty of their friends at their back, the non-raid game offers far more to do aside from staring at walls or playing other games while waiting for Discord to ping.

----------------------------

I don't see why a casual player would want anything to do with progression servers, time-locked or otherwise. Such rulesets inherently favor the high-hours players since they're the ones who can get up and running within a matter of days or weeks. Meanwhile the casual scratches and claws his way up only to have his effort chucked in the trash can just as he finally gets to a decent spot. It's not for me.

Danth