View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Knights are the best aggro tanks in the game. From a tanking aspect the Natures Defender checks all the right boxes. Throw in the cool looks and ease of acquiring and there is no way I’d waste time on the epic to trade bash for the AC. Plus as Troxx mentioned slow swings make for easy casting without damage loss.

As an Erudite I picked up a Shield of the Stalwart Seas for like 400p. It’s not the ND but does give a nice cheap tank setup when teamed with a Sword of Blessings (45ac total and 104hps at 60 from the 20 stamina ). If you picked a more normal race and don’t have a ND a Clay Guardian Shield and Sword of the Morning is a very serviceable duo for taking hits and generating aggro. Again, for only 800p you can accomplish what a group expects from you.

I still think every pally who doesn’t have god/dragon loot should get a Narandi. It’s a solid DPS/tanking tool and one of the best jousting weapons in the game, especially for a class that can root and helm heal itself while the dot slows it from regenerating hitpoints. While solo work is fairly limited 55+ it does make for some impressive feats of you run across a mob that simply has to die (and you have 20 mins to needle it).