View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Similar to other CC classes, I'm finding that HP gear provides the greatest benefit, most of which already has AC equal to or better than Singing Steel. Considering pre-52 groups will often want Bards to pull and/or tank on top of CCing, HP should provide the most across all of those roles.

What's great about Lute of the Howler is, it allows for a shield to be equipped which increases overall survivability with raw/regular stats, resists, and shield AC. Swapping out can be more annoying, unless Drum of the Beast, but I've rarely needed to swap when grouped. Even when pulling/running from a train in outdoor zones, where selos runspeed can be applied, using drum for the acceleration boost just doesn't seem all that necessary. I would go with the lute personally. The buff itself is great, lasts long, and serves as added junk in buff window to help against dispels. Plus, werewolf form is one of those illusions that can startle low level characters at night from a distance, especially those with night blindness.