View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:19 AM
Large Rat

Default Crashing on Zoning/Character Login

Hey all,
Been around for about 2 months now on p99 and love it!
The game ran fantastic with or without wineq2 for the entire time until about 2 weeks ago. The main reason I switched to wineq2 was the gamma issue when I would close the game and also windowed full screen mode is always nice.
I all of a sudden have an issue where it can sometimes take me 10 tries to login to the game. I get to the character select screen always but when i click enter world it would show the loading bar and then just hang. If I DO actually make it in it runs great without exception. Perfect FPS and all. BUT if i try to zone there is seemingly a 50/50 chance it will just freeze. I have to Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up task manager and close out eqgame.exe which is in a (not responding) state. I searched everywhere and most of the fixes I have stumbled upon haven't worked out. I am currently running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode (both wineq2 and eqgame.exe). If I missed a sticky somewhere please feel free to link it or any input would be greatly appreciated. Completely at a loss due to the inconsistency of the crashes.

Let me know if any logs or other info is required.

System Specs:
i7 6700k
16gb Ram
nvidia GTX 1080 FTW
Game installed on its own SSD with nothing else on it. SSD Tests fine.