View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Domestically, economy / COVID, big tech, platinum plan, nuclear energy, Antifa and China will be on the agenda. This is exactly what Trump should do.
  • Open up economy, get it roaring again so people are happy and feel they have purpose
  • Shut down big tech censorship (use Section 230 ruling and/or anti-monopoly law)
  • Spend significant time/money helping black America. This demographic is slowly shifting more right. (Blexit / Candace Owens, and others are helping this movement.) It's the right thing to do and it will help with future elections.
  • Improve our energy situation - the Green Nuclear Energy Deal
  • Squash the violent left that wants to violently oppose democracy in action
  • Lastly, going beyond domestic affairs, take on China. Mainly because they are a threat. But it also keeps our focus off the venom in the media / social media
I agree with all of these ideas in principle. But the devil is in the details:
  • What does it mean to get the economy 'roaring' again? If we have massive wealth inequality, is it roaring for everyone? How many people actually find meaning and purpose in their corporate drone jobs?
  • How do we help Black America? If the massive transfer of wealth in their direction over the past 50 years has not worked, why should more work now? Why do we care more about Black America than Poor White America, or Latino America? What about Mulatto America?
  • How do you improve our green energy situation? We don't have enough lithium or cobalt to run everything on batteries, even if we had nuclear plants to power them. If we decide to burn less energy, who has to reduce their consumption the most?
  • How does one 'squash' the violent left? Do you censor them, or jail them? What about people like Elrood and Pretzelle who are inciting violence online?
  • How do we 'take on' China? I assume you do not mean nuclear war. Do we stop trading with them altogether? Do we expel Chinese foreign nationals? Both of these involve definite winners and losers within America.

In contrast, your idea to shut down Big Tech is much more concrete, and I definitely think we should do both.