View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, I don't hate on anyone on the server and I firmly believe people do change over time.

With that being said, there is really only one reason that is relevant in the raid scene on why Riot will always be better than the opposition, and that reason is Leadership styles.

To this day, 'Deny Everything and Concede Nothing' is the attitude that Detoxx and Freedom Leadership constantly present while continuing to kill a mob in dispute. When guild officers want to discuss a violation of the raid rules, when has Freedom ever said "Okay we'll hold on a second to address your concerns"? They don't. There's a couple of reasons for this, I believe, and the foremost reason being the 'kill 1 and concede 2' rule is beneficial and an acceptable loss ratio for them at this point in their Guild stage while teaming up with AG. The other reasons are subsequent to this rationale.

Riot leadership, on the other hand, continuously tries to play by the rules implemented by the GM's. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Arcler or other officers say "we're dropping this and conceding" if there is even a hint of impropriety. They do this voluntarily and immediately, such as when we had 5 racers for the first Kael FTE race rule change. Their vision is that it is not worth a raid ban and there's always next week.

Sure we all fuck up from time to time, but one side admits it and moves on while the other won't even participate at the table for negotiations, it's always "FRAPS or it didn't happen." This mentality is the problem.

That's all it really boils down too. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something that you love to do, and I don't believe that Detoxx is the Devil. But the devil is in the details and it's just so much more enjoyable, for me, to raid with people that I know are trying to do the right thing.

I've learned in my life that doing the right thing is just far easier than trying to do the wrong thing and I want to be with people of like minds, fucking ARMY indoctrination at its finest. /shrug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd like to see more communication from both sides working together to better this server without being so selfish, but that's just me. I think we can have a competitive raid scene on blue while still following this ideology and make it more enjoyable for all raiders.
This pretty spot on, except you got the guild names reversed.