View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

DSM, problem with being both a tank and puller in the same group is it slows the group down. Full groups don't tend to like that. Usually a regular group will want a person doing one or the other, but not both. That is not class-specific and applies to anyone.

In a generic full group I'd usually rather have my paladin's toolset than my shadowknight's. Either class does fine in good groups, but the paladin has better capability to cover for mistakes or weaknesses in other folks if things aren't ideal. That being said, this thread was referring to "end game." That's a nebulous term, but realistically on P1999 exceedingly few people are hanging out in full groups at level cap. A few farm teams might, but it's a small portion of the population. Otherwise full groups are mostly for leveling.

At level cap the overwhelming majority of players are either raiding, or doing stuff smallman in solo/duo/trios. Raids have already been discussed at length. Which class is better in a smallman group depends mostly on who the other partners are. Paladin pairs better with enchanter. Shadowknight pairs better with shaman. On balance I prefer the shadowknight's toolset when not in a full or nearly full group. It's a strong class and a good choice for a player who's notion of end-game is more smallman focused than raid focused.

Danth