View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. I never said FSI is required[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I said it's better than Regen at level 60 with Torpor.

2.Regen over a long fight is irrelevant on kill speed for a Torpor Shaman. If you are doing 15 minute fights, you are saving 180 mana, or 30 seconds, on one Torpor. Most of the time you are not chain fighting mobs with a Torpor Shaman, you are fighting hard mobs that don't spawn often. It won't increase most player's kill speeds by any significant margin, unless you play like 12 hours a day.

3. I said it wrong, I apologize. If you see, I edited my post to correct it. Bash has a chance to interrupt, but stun is a guaranteed interrupt. Removing the guaranteed interrupt gives you a great chance to get the spell through.

The point is simply that FSI is better than Troll/Iksar Regen once you have Torpor. No racial is required to play a Shaman. Again, you can see people know this is the case, because you don't see a lot of Torpor Shamans using Fungi Tunics, even though that has 2x the regen of a Troll/Iksar.
I still stand by all my points. FSI is too situational to be useful and you can not compare to the raw math behind regen.

If regen wasn't important, people wouldnt go out of their way to stack it. It's simply proven to help your economy out long term in every situation.

From downtime, to soloing, to negating a portion of dot damage, etc.

It makes your character more efficient no matter the situation.

If you want to talk about raw value, consider this:

Making a Troll or Iksar shaman off the bat is a free 30-90k bonus you just made coming out from character creation.