View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still stand by all my points. FSI is too situational to be useful and you can not compare to the raw math behind regen.

If regen wasn't important, people wouldnt go out of their way to stack it. It's simply proven to help your economy out long term in every situation.

From downtime, to soloing, to negating a portion of dot damage, etc.

It makes your character more efficient no matter the situation.

If you want to talk about raw value, consider this:

Making a Troll or Iksar shaman off the bat is a free 30-90k bonus you just made coming out from character creation.
I didn't say regen wasn't important. Troll/Iksar regen is better than FSI until you get Torpor. Regen simply has different importance to different classes. Once you have Torpor, stacking regen is largely useless. I don't bother casting regrowth on myself most of the time with my Torpor Shaman. I kill the same number of things per hour with and without it. You just need to play a Torpor Shaman to understand this, and look at what Torpor Shamans wear on their chest. It usually isn't a Fungi Tunic.

You can easily math it out if you don't want to level up a Shaman, but for some reason people don't like doing that.

When choosing between Ogre or Troll/Iksar, you are basically thinking about faster leveling vs. better endgame. Ogre is the better endgame character with Torpor. Troll/Iksar is the better leveler and race that never gets to level 60.