View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks nice on the body and clothes, but not a fan of how the face looks

It kind of looks like he's wearing foundation and rouge. Probably plucks a little too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the monk is a bad example? In the old version he looks like a rugged badass. In the new version he looks like a metrosexual pirate.
The face was tricky. There was very little to work with and I didn't want to add anything that wasn't there to begin with. So all I did was smooth out the skin and hair and recreate the eye patch. Then I directly copied the main facial elements and tried my best to clean the pixelation off of them. It turned out making him look about 15 years younger. I think if I do this, I'm going to have to add things to the faces like skin texture and wrinkles, otherwise everyone will look like they are 18 and wearing make up.

Damn metrosexual-pirate-monks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do the un-upgrade SOF textures look like?

What do the normal textures just increased by 2x or 4x look like?
Not sure what SOF is. If you mean SoV, just image all the classic parts don't change and then add 2x quality stuff on top of it. Apparently SOE lost the original files for their stuff or something, so they just tacked things on top of what they already had.

The classic textures in the first post ARE scaled 4x. It doesn't change the pixelation at all sadly. That was the first thing I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible to do this with all the game textures?
That's what this post is here to find out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you also fix the helm15 and helm 24 eye transparencies in the global_chr file at the same time? (the updated texture versions)
Well if I'm in there messing around with these textures, I might as well fix SOE's mistakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next they'll be tellin us theirs a fix for those ugly old skel and wolf textures [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude! What an awesome idea! That's next. =)