View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really an excellent guide!

There is one thing I would like to add to the Necromancer Strategies, one of the "other styles" that has worked so well for that I used it outdoor pretty much exclusively: Reverse Kiting.

You basically pull with darkness and dot the mob up as much as possible, then you run away. The mob will chase you. Your pet will follow the mob and do damage from behind (taunt /off). Stop every once in a while to recast the dot once the mob comes in range. If a mob doesn't summon, you can always kill it like that, even dragons. It works best with J-Boots of course.

The advantage of this strategy is that you always keep a safe distance. If you use the root-strategy it may break randomly. If you use the fear-strategy the mob runs around randomly and may even run out of range while you are recasting dots. With reverse kiting you have everything under control.

I don't recommend to charm any undead unless you are trying to do some special stuff like killing the Lord in Guk. There it makes sense to charm one Bok Knight and simply let it die. Then you FD, charm the other Bok Knight and kill the Lord with it.