View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ2 didn't have sets and bonuses until around EoF in 2006 I believe. And even then they were so small and not horrendously huge. I stopped playing by 2014 but by then set bonuses stopped being utilized almost entirely.
They did had them before EoC, but EoC is when they were crazy. I remember Emerald Halls were a total frustration in regards to loot, because all gear was 1 class only, and EQ2 had 24 freaken classes. So we are good guild from Qeynos with practically no char from Freeport side, and basically no evils at all, and we get drops for necro, assassin and SK - awesome - 100% loot rot! I stopped playing around that time. (then dumbing down crafting system what was REALLY killed EQ2 for me - I loved it so much)

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.