View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK solo is still slow but it's miles more efficient than paladins.
My response to the previous post was not a blanket Pally > SK. Nor was it debating efficiency or access to gear making it easy on green/teal. I was rebutting that the false assumption that paladins cannot solo for xp at all. Simply put, warriors can solo to 50 on pre-Kunark and to 60 later on. A pally is a lackluster warrior that can root and heal...it’s not a stretch of one's logic this can be a possibility.

I’m not going to touch your group dynamic comments. Stuns, root, additive hp buffs, heals and an instant ench/cleric saving skill vs snare and FD? You be the judge.

I love my SK and my pally. The pally was and is more boring solo wise but more fun for group play (IMHO). I'd suggest leveling up both classes eventually. Doing so with a green/teal xp penalty is a labor of love though. I'd probably pick the one that most speaks to me. If you buy/camp your gear properly half the junk will swap over anyways.