View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt a sk could solo my stomping ground (KC basement) nearly as well as my paladin did. I did about 25% of 59 solo there and probably 1/3 of my total xp 56+ solo. Being able to root/disengage/recover/continue is a big plus. Downtime self healing that doesn’t require being in combat? Also a big plus.

SK fear kite is a big perk but it gets harder and harder to find good places to do it the higher level you get. It requires more space than a lot of hunting grounds can safely support. From 46 on with deepwater helmet click, paladins hunting grounds stay wide open.

Solo is slow for both knights. You’re kidding yourself if you think paladins aren’t good at it though. Slow as the kills were, it was generally on par over time with full group xp. My favorite was always finding a necro to duo with.
I’d say they are in the same ballpark. I have a pally and sk, I find the sk solo more powerful if calm is not needed. Max 52/58 pet is no joke, way more dps than a weak dot. Potentially 3 lifetap procs if you include epic, access to superior races with regen/fsi, self, ds, atk buffs, and life tap spells. Not hard to have a few bags worth of root nets for emergency situations and shouldn’t need to be constantly rooting with a properly split camp.

Also a lot of room is not needed for fear kiting if you know what you’re doing, doesn’t require the immense amount of room that you’d think. Sk fear kiting rats in Pom will likely be better solo xp than a pally can do 55+.