View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Orc

Ogre.

Frontal stun immunity isn't replicated by any other means. It's true any shaman end game played well can do anything any other shaman can do.

People tend to underrate FSI/JBB and overrate regen.

At 60 with regrowth/fungi tunic on you an ogre/barb regenerates at 34 hp a tick, troll/iksar counterparts at 42 a tick(standing). When you throw torpor into the equation the percent benefit of that 8 hp really does become minuscule but maybe some people prefer it still. And leveling it is obviously great, don't get me wrong.

And there is a misconception when people say 'well bash interrupts casts anyways through frontal stun immunity, you just don't get the stun part but are still interrupted, which means it's just an overrated ability'. This is patently false and I can only assume they've never played an ogre shaman at high levels or are parroting false information read elsewhere when themselves choosing which race to play.

I don't have concrete numbers on this but from personal experience I believe the chance for a bash to interrupt a cast is simply the chance any damage has to interrupt a cast vs your concentration check or push. I leveled with JBB spam to 60 and could literally go hours face tanking mobs without a single interrupted cast.

Now how many interrupts would another race would have gotten in the same time frame or if those interrupted casts even made any real difference in terms of survival or in kills per hour is another question entirely, but just wanted to clear the air on that if you do have FSI, basically be welcomed to interrupt free heaven.