View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been running EQ P99 on a Ryzen 5 2400G integrated Graphics AMD system with 32GB 2666 speed RAM for a long time now, pretty consistently getting upwards of 60 FPS. Just the other day I went to turn on my PC which was turned off for some strange reason, and logged in and come to find that I am stuck at a max FPS of around 40, with a typical amount being 35-38 at times. Nothing changed except I noticed a few windows updates that went through, but it was not the Feature Update 20H2. I tried a lot of things since then. I suspect a smaller patch fix that went through caused this, because I did not have Feature Update 20H2 installed yet, it was downloaded and waiting to install before this happened.

I have tried removing AMD display drivers and installing multiple previous versions, I have tried all the WinEQ settings I can think of, and even closing down WinEQ after every setting change and starting it back up. I have tried Affinity and running through a shortcut to eqgame.exe, with multiple compatibility settings. Always the same mediocre FPS.

I plan on trying to clear out some temp files and if that doesnt cut it, I will try to clean install and beware of Microsoft Windows Updates.

KyotaP99 have you had any luck since we had from you last? Looks like I am in the exact same boat whatever it is
No luck on my end, unfortunately. Sorry to hear this is affecting you as well! I tried updating my BIOS to a newer version, and while it did lower my CPU temps nicely on more demanding games, there was no impact on P1999 performance. You will likely notice the same thing I did if you try setting the Maximum Frame Rate to about 75-100 on a different EQEmulator server, the client will run as expected. But anything below roughly 65 seems to keep the framerate at an unstable 30-40 as you mentioned. I understand that P1999 has an enforced 60FPS that ignores the eqclient.ini entry, so it seems we are kinda boned unless there is a way to determine which update causes this to happen and whether it can be reverted. Short of reinstalling Windows (not really an option atm), I'm tapped for ideas. If I find a solution I'll be sure to post here for anyone else experiencing this. If you discover anything that helps please share with us, I for one would be most appreciative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I run this garbage on a calculator, run game, ctrl alt delete, select eq, right click, click go to details, set priority (high), set affinity to TWO cores.

Enjoy your 21308219% better EQ experience even on shit computers.
I tried this by setting eqgame to run on CORE0 and CORE1, and setting the priority to high as instructed. There was no change, but I do thank you for the suggestion!!