View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

don't play a druid. they're literally useless on raids. also suboptimal in groups.
in luclin druids received MASSIVE buffs but this server is never going to add luclin.

no raid would ever want a 2nd druid in velious because they can't heal enough to matter and their nukes literally cannot be used. heck even a druid's root breaks mez.

a druid is VERY self sufficient, works in groups or alone, travels well, has much utility. however if you want to be popular and make friends? druids aren't really useful friends. A druid is only a useful friend when he's 40 levels higher than you and doing you favors.

people LOVE making friends with bards/monks/warriors/enchanters/clerics.
shaman's are possibly the best class, yes, I agree with the first reply who said that, however shaman is quite possibly the most played class on the server. I've been in pickup groups that had THREE shamans in one group of 6 just because 30-40% of the players in the zone were shamans. so I've removed shaman from the list of super usefulness that the first reply gave. Also I'd keep in mind warriors are pretty awful until lvl60 because a paladin or shadowknight will just be flat out better at their roll.

stacking up rogues in high level groups or wizards in high level raids is also popular important. classes like mage or necromancer are powerful, alone. they can turn everquest into a single player game, but that's nothing you sounded interested in in your OP.

The holy trinity of tank/healer/dps in p99 is really more the holy quadrinity of puller(CC)/tank/healer/whocares but guess what? the majority of classes fall into that "whocares" role.
Last edited by dbouya; 10-02-2017 at 05:37 PM..