View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

Additional considerations:
  • I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
  • During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
  • I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.
Damn, even to 20% is impressive.

I imagine it could be done if you had a ton of plat and were willing to burn it all on clicks for the sake of bragging rights. Hell, even tash sticking + strings on the foreman would probably get that last bit done without VoG.