Thread: sup with red99?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't any opinion I haven't voiced on this forum without substantiation, so obviously as smart as you think you are, you've lost your own objectivity.
what? I am not objective because I haven't read all your forum posts yet ask you to actually attack my statements if you think they are wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A merge at this point is pointless. The people who've played here for almost 10 months want something else. 100s of players that quit along the way after accomplishing everything they could, also would come back for content. So yes, suggesting we wait 4-5 months to create another server at this point, is foolish.
THE 100s who quit were not because of content... where are you getting your numbers. The only triple digits who quit were because of guard assist, resists, and disgust with exploits. Content (Kunark) will definitely bring back 50-100 people. But after a month or two (who knows maybe three?) it will be back under 100.

Whoever said waiting 4-5 months to create a server? I am saying create it now and merge with existing Red 99. No, not foolish.

Quote:
Furthermore, none of those ideas even have a remote chance of being implemented, so yes, wasting time discussing them is just that - waste of time. It doesn't serve to help the server in any way to entertain stuff like that.
They have a chance of happening because they are completely non-destructive to the server and if we keep talking about them, maybe someone will listen. They would bring in TONS of new players... don't you actually want that? A wipe is retarded. But a relaunch would refresh the player base which is Red 99's key problem.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the population to really pick up, but it is better to be proactive about it rather than sitting around saying, "hopefully kunark brings more people (/crosses fingers, /rubs rabbit foot)." I have recruited 3 people to play here, they all love the exp rate, but they have all quit after saying it is like a ghost town and that they wished they could play from a server launch!