View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeval31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is really a group inclined class. xp'ing with charm is tricky and needs certain parameters (sow/jboots for safety, close to zoneline).
Back in the days I stop soloing after the first few levels, and never turned back to solo, as it was less efficient and above all less fun
Indeed, but you can 'rune' yourself too.

One of the most effective 'tools' I found when charm soloing was to keep the mob you are fighting rooted as much as possible. If your charmed mob gets loose - mez it ASAP. That gives you more time to re-tash or whatever, then re-charm. If root held on your target, then you only have one mob to deal with - not 2.

Sometimes you can just charm without the mez, etc...

You can always mes the rooted thing you were fighting too. A short-timed low level mez is good for that.

If I recall, after you mez, you can re-charm all you want. If the charm won't hold longer than the mez - well, you needed to re-cast it anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Otherwise, it's usually cake for an enchanter to find a group. Or you can use your normal 'pet' - just take out lots of blues.. I did that a lot, just tash, let the pet get some agro and always be ready to summon another pet. For all the weaknesses the enchanter pets are, they were easy enough to re-cast.
Last edited by Overcast; 07-06-2010 at 11:44 AM..