View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Support for keeping the Sleeper gone was always going to wane over time.

Right after it woke no one (well, almost no one) wanted it to respawn. Doing that would have reduced the "epic-ness" of the event. But as time passed and the people involved left the server.
... and even the people who just heard about it left ... naturally fewer and fewer people cared about "the epic-ness".

If you did a poll today I don't know what the results would be, but I know the idea would have more support. And if you did a poll in say ten years, when almost no one will even remember the original waking, I can all but guarantee support would be at 90+%.

Of course, Rogean and Nilbog do what they want, but it's not like they were strongly committed to a one-time Sleeper. During Velious beta they actually did a poll asking what the player base thought should happen. It seems to me they're open to the community's opinion, and likely sometime before ten years from now the tide will shift enough that they return the Sleeper.

So, if you look at a timeline you've got the original waking a few years ago, and you have ten years from now when Sleeper will very likely be back. And what's in between those two points, after Green? Custom content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be cool if a quest line was put in and not announced and if somehow someone happens to discover / solve it, the sleeper would be revived.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.