View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Default Fun "adventure" classes?

I was too young to get much of anywhere in EQ (highest characters were in their 30's), but I was always excited to read about dungeons filled with undead frogs, Nagafen's Lair deep within Lavastorm, and even alternate planes where the Gods lived.

What classes would you recommend to someone who wants to explore Norrath, visit exciting and dangerous places, and have fun adventuring? My goal is level 50 and exploring the "original" content, but I may make it to Kunark content eventually.

I'm assuming I'd want a grouping class (to make dungeons and maybe even the easier raids a possibility), but I'm sure certain tools like Invisibility, or Sneak/Hide, or Illusions may make exploring safer and more fun? A cleric for example would be useful for a group, but you might need to sit on your butt at a camp, and just wait for mobs to be pulled to you? Maybe a Rogue could sneak around easier, but without spells I'm sure certain places are off limits? Maybe a Necromancer so you can solo decently well, and have invisibility spells?

If you have any classes you'd suggest (or recommend against) I'd love to hear!