View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

I enjoyed partnering up with a Ranger when playing my Necro. Here are some thoughts:

It is possible to "tank and spank" lower-blue mobs if the ranger doesn't feel like fear kiting. The necro can keep a steady flow of HP going back to the ranger; also, if you are 53+, the ranger can tank while the rogue pet backstabs. This is not as viable the closer you get to white-con mobs

Fear-kiting is the most mana-efficient, though can be annoying for the Ranger. Using the most-powerful snare, while unnecessary in terms of mana used, can make life a lot easier (less-annoying) for the ranger chasing things around with the pet skelly. A more-powerful snare means that the mob is running away a bit slower

Rangers have harmony and sow, two clutch spells missing from the necro's (otherwise robust) toolbelt. Though rangers are preferable pullers in this duo, the necro can also take turns pulling and splitting if need be. An example I had with this was duo'ing with my ranger buddy at the Giant "Fort" in Wakening Lands

Finally, if you're hunting near "good-aligned" vendors, the ranger can loot and sell; conversely, if you're hunting near the swamps or evil vendors, the necro may be able to loot/sell (with skelly illusion especially)