Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Languages exist but they aren't at all mandatory or necessary, the only place I know of where they ever were was FV. Everyone just communicates in common. The language system is just for fun and flavor.
This! I'm not sure what the rest of y'all are talking about, because languages are totally a real thing on P99 too.

The difference with Firiona Vie was that they removed the Common Tongue. Since we have that tongue, there's very little reason to learn languages here: as Fammaden said, it's just for fun. For instance, if you learn Gnoll, you can read the Tesch Val Scrolls that drop from Splitpaw.

And also, I've done "language parties" here. I would do them while waiting for Shady Goblin or similar mobs to spawn, because you have a bunch of bored people sitting around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But honestly I'd forgotten the part about having to zone after 5 skill ups, which explains my lack of skill ups after a point ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-21-2019 at 12:38 PM..