View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard benzo addiction really gets stuck in ya. No fucking wonder: it is a highly designed pharmaceutical. jesus christ. they seem so harmless too, I bet. Mother's little helper...
You don’t see many doctors willing to prescribe benzos nowadays. They are one of the few drugs along with alcohol where withdrawal can kill a person, and of course are highly addictive

They are best used IMO as an infrequent “as needed” relief for anxiety-provoking activities. Like taking one before public speaking or flying on an airplane, those kinds of things

Anything you take daily your body will build up a tolerance towards. If you haven’t had to up your dosage over the years you are fortunate in that regard. If you suddenly stopped, however, that would be a real bad time. I’ve seen some seniors years ago in my job who had an old school type of doctor prescribing them like 2+ mg daily of a benzo for like a decade, then during the opiate epidemic their new doctor stopped the med cold turkey, a very inconsiderate and dangerous thing to do. Needless to say they were a wreck :/

Mixing them with alcohol is a fast track to blacking out, speaking from experience there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]