Thread: Dial a Port
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was in DAP there wasn’t a rule that you had to be actively trying to find customers if your tag was up, you just had to take someone if they messaged you. So you could be exping or just sitting there watching Netflix waiting for someone to send you a tell, you didn’t have to be porting around to different zones and advertising in ooc
The rule on the website is: "Stay /anon if you are not able to fulfil a port request as your top priority especially if AFK, have many ports queued or engaged in XPing/camping that you cannot instantly leave."

This is consistent with what Tupakk said and it does not require you to be actively seeking out ports if your tag is up. For instance if there was lull in porting but I expected it to pick up soonish, then I would exp by root-rotting mobs near my bind point with my tag up. I wouldn't go below 30-40% mana and the moment I got a tell from a person at a druid ring, I would go pick them up even if it meant leaving before killing the mob. Another thing you can do is work on tradeskills while waiting for port traffic. All that matters is that you are paying attention to tells and willing to drop whatever you are doing to go pick someone up.
Last edited by cadoipi; 06-11-2021 at 12:12 PM..