View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCostanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
argument clinger detected, uh oh

rent the traps just trigger'd mob spawns? I forgot. zones still ugly and cheapo in terms of artwork
Just pointing out the truth. I liked Dalnir because they made it a hot zone when I was a kid and my friends and I all went there and had a lot of fun (I think it was the first time I had ever seen the sperm or goo creatures).

But the trap doors don't spawn mobs. You eventually come to some religious shrine area, I think they call it the church, but if you're not careful you'll fall through the floor. You basically fall into a crypt that is much more sophisticated. It's sort like Howling Stones visually, and it's a pretty dangerous area for people who unexpectedly fell down there. But this entire 2nd floor is more complicated than the entirety of Befallen, but if you aren't careful, you'll fall down into an even scarier area that kind of reminds me of Maraudon from WoW.

This area is way more dangerous, and even has a high level Shadow Knight who can one shot you with harm touch when you try to exit. The lore for this zone is a lot more strong, in the sense that it actually exists. There are giant test tubes with failed experiments and stuff, and the chance for the random no drop Monk gear made it really exciting too since at the time, that gear was considered pretty decent and also looked like Cured Silk, which made it more appealing.

Even the way the crypt is hidden involved a lot more thought than most zones IMHO. That's why they made it a hot zone, I think most players never discovered it. Saying Dalnir is just some lazy tube dungeon is like saying Sol B is too because both entrance areas are similar, but become a lot more interesting as you venture in.