View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudrura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot up!

I would say the only time when you shouldn't is if there is a reason they haven't looted it and they were going to, like they are in the middle of a fight and want to focus on completing the kills successfully.

If you are not sure, just do it secretly.
Sounds like great advice ... if you want to get in a fight with another player and quite possibly get suspended:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies (/forums/showthread.php?t=325349)
4. You may not Ninja Loot.
Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action.
It's not a hard rule to understand (minus the Yoda-speak at the beginning). If you want to get all lawyerly you can try arguing that the FS (or whatever) you took wasn't "significant", but do you really want to bet a suspension on winning that argument with a GM?

As others have said, it's really very easy: if you want to loot a corpse you didn't kill, just ask the person first. If you can't handle doing that, at the very least wait until the last second before the corpse poofs before you loot. And if you don't do either of those things, you might still get away with it ... or you might get a suspension.

Personally I wouldn't think it's worth even the chance of a suspension just to loot some fine steel I did nothing to earn.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-10-2019 at 08:39 PM..