View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules should be applied equally across the board by the staff with no regard to how involved or not involved someone is with the raid scene on the server or their level of notoriety. That is what would give credibility to a system most here would currently describe as whimsical.

This wasn't some accidental KC or Seb train. What should be considered here is that it was done with obvious malicious intent and caused countless patrons of the server to have a bad experience, and then caused the staff additional headaches trying to gather the details. One person decided his emotional vendetta was more important than the time of 100+ other players on the server, and the staff is pretty much giving him a pass with no permanent repercussions, despite the fact that he even went as far as to knowingly log into a competing guild's shared toon to try to cause additional chaos within the guild. This was not a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc.. warning. Literally for 10 years the staff has been saying not to do dumb shit like this. I just don't understand the logic that he should have a lesser penalty than a ban because he helps other people get raid loot. The staff constantly says they don't want people here ruining other peoples' game experience and that guild leaders are held to some higher standard, but then we have situations like this which just doesn't support it. If we're going to operate on some clandestine staff faction system, then the staff should provide a list of actions on the wiki that help raise your staff faction and actions that won't so that even non-raiders can bank some 'good karma' for when they decide to lose it on someone in Seb and train a whole group to death because they were going through hard times that night.
I dont' think i suggested fur should be punished less because of who he is. I said Fur's suspension is right in line with other people's suspensions in the past for the same offense. If anything, in terms of GM punishment, I THINK fur's was worse than the other two people I named.

I'm saying it shouldn't be held against him forever, because it was out of character. In my opinion. That's all.