Thread: GINA question
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also just time stuff myself, I just cast it on myself and start a stopwatch.

That being said, hijacking this thread, is there an actual full list of the regular expressions etc and what they do? I don't know anything about the language GINA uses and would love to use it to set up some complex triggers, but I can't find anywhere to learn.

I know about http://eq.gimasoft.com/forums/index.php but I never get a registration email from there when I try to register [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I'm trying to make one that triggers whenever someone says "harm pls" or "harmony" but I can't figure out how to do it. I found one that triggers for certain auctions, it's as follows:

^(?<seller>[A-Za-z]*) auctions, \'(?i:WTS|selling).*(?<item>(?i:Intensify Death)).*\'

So I tried to bastardize that into what I wanted for harmony, and ended up with this, but it doesn't work:

{S} tells the group, \'.*(harm|HARMO|harmony) ?.*\'

But yeah because I don't understand the language at all, I can't even begin to guess what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Ooh, now that I'm looking at them right next to each other, is it the lack of "?i:"? I'll try that next time I play.
There’s no need to make super complicated triggers like that in like 99% of cases. You can just make one that triggers whenever someone says “WTS x” with x being the name of the item.

The trick is you have to make an overlay, then assign that trigger to the category group and add a text alert under the corresponding tab. Now, every time someone says WTS x you will get a text or text-to-speech alert.

I have triggers that do everything from tell me what my backstabs hit for to who is the current rampage target to a personal stop watch. GINA is amazing. SoW/Visions/Temperence/Chloro/bard songs etc.