View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 04:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never needed anything more than running in XP compatibility mode to solve the camp crashing. Have you tried not using WinEQ? or do you have one of those CPUs that requires it?
I went to EQWin because of the constant crashes to begin with, I have 3 monitors and it just never sat right. Anytime I opened another application, or I opened another game, freeze at best or outright crash. I used EQWin and still crashed. I paid the yearly fee and for borderless and it worked. I went ahead and cancelled that.

I experienced hitching on my bard when I would swarm kite over a certain amount of mobs. Resizing the text window to nothing where my songs landing was the only way to minimize it, it still did it. Shutting off spell effects didn’t work, deleting my log to have a fresh one didn’t work. Turning off logging had the same affect as minimizing the window so I just set up my GINA triggers to do it that way. Tested it yesterday with everything up and on like normal player would do and zero hitching/hesitation. Didn’t drop any frames at all.

What are your specs? I’m wondering if it’s different versions of the game downloaded, like maybe one source is providing corrupted files, or newer systems struggle in certain areas. Or just certain pieces of hardware struggle with it.
Catchdeez Handssson - 55 Monk