View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We already only have Bards and Enchanters for CC, so I'd hate to see half as many CCers available. I'd want both Enchanters and Psionicists to "do crowd control" in some way.
Bards and Enchanters are hardly the only CC in Everquest; Root is an extremely powerful mechanic that works the majority of the time (and even in certain places where Mesmerize doesn't - against Giants). Some people forget about how crazy strong Root actually is: a long-lasting, fast-recharging 100% movement reduction for very little mana would be considered absurdly broken in any PvP game. It already makes a lot of EQ content trivial as it is.

As for your thoughts on Druids/Clerics though, I agree and would definitely change the way they work, if I had the keys to the kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this scenario the enchanter class is completely gimp and no one would play it.
I disagree. The haste buffs they have are virtually essential for Raids, as can be Magic Resist during certain eras/encounters, and having more people around to land Slow for certain fights never hurts either. "Rune" is also pretty essential for fighting Venril Sathir during Kunark era.

The power of Slow and Haste for general group content is often quite game-changing. Using only those abilities, an Enchanter in a typical 6-person group is already creating more DPS than any single melee character, while simultaneously preventing more damage than any ability outside Complete Heal. That's just 2 abilities out of their skillset, already doing "better numbers" than what a lot of other classes can.

Would this new version of Enchanter be a highly played class? No, it's too subtle. But it would be strong; already better than a Mage or Wizard the majority of the time, if looking at Kunark or Velious era and doing the number crunching.