View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have specifically wanted every class to do something specific for their class in a raiding situation, except Shadow Knights. I haven't been able to figure out how to use them for anything unique; they have a lot of reasonably useful niches, but get eclipsed by monks/warriors/necros/paladins depending on what the niche is.
I like this take. What can other classes do for me is the correct way to gauge classes in a game where dependence on others is so critical.

I feel like the classes I listed fall short in what they offer when compared to other classes for the things I am interested in doing. I would never reject a necro as a dps in an xp group but I would rather have another class. If a necro was healing for the group. I would be spamming clerics desperately. If i had an sk or pally tanking I would be happy to see them rep'd by a warrior. The listed classes do not fit in any of my ideal compositions because they are not the best at any one thing that equates to more xp/pp for me.