View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played Mage to 60 after being a Necro fanboy and you're just wrong. Mage sucks ass compared to Necro in basically every way other than COTH.

I think Verant's mistake was that they had a "class advocate" or some kind of bullshit like that for each class and these people ended up in product meetings basically yelling about how their class needed more or less stuff. Each class ended up as it did solely based on this one person's ability to convince others within Verant. Probably Joe Cool, Necro advocate, was fucking the product manager and Neckbeard Ned, Mage advocate, was constantly talked over in meetings or was too dumb to even understand how underpowered their class was.

Not only that but I bet Necro which was insanely overpowered and got nerfed in classic then ended up with the ability to say "we got nerfed, what are we going to give Necro players to make them feel better?" And Mages it was more like, "Everything looks good. Fuck em."

This also explains why Ranger was always such a horrible joke. The advocate was probably Brad himself, Aradune, and he never even played EQ and was just snorting coke and nerfing anything he didn't like that was being reported to him as allowing players to progress too quickly thus upsetting his Sony bosses. Ranger sucks ass, can't do shit? Sounds fucking great, they'll be paying their subscription fees forever. What?!?! Necros are soloing in PoF? Damn it they'll be bored in a couple weeks and cancel, fucking nerf that shit.
Verant created powerful items which they let drop for a while before replacing them with weaker versions (because they said these items were too powerful) but they allowed players to keep the oiginal items forever.

It's either incompetence or cheating.