View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the note of weaponizing - what are everyone's go-to weapons?

I usually snatch up Wu Trance sticks, gnoll whips, and the cheaper ykesha items. What else works well for long camps partnered up with a cleric?

And does anyone bother with haste items? Does Mithril 2hander + torch haste the pet AND allow it to quad? Is there a cheaper haste item worth using?

FWIW - Just hit 51 on my enchanter, really enjoying the class. Shopping for -MR gear for pets too but jeez it's tough to find...
Mithril 2 hander + torch does indeed haste and quad, but I think tola robe would be better for your pet's worn haste and using more toys in weapon slots.

My favorite is lazyman setup Swarmcaller + torch. You can remove slow off your bar and run stuff like double stun, boon, etc depending on what your group is and what you're killing. Like when I do small group King in seb I'll run double stuns for all the CHs / gates / slows.

My favorite thing to do now is 4 man CE w/ a tank, cleric, and a rogue using Staff of Undead Legion + torch on one of the skeleton monk or SK frog trash mobs just outside 4door camp. 25% chance at drops AND a 10+ minute 100% safe (calm, break charm, mez, blur) AFK time til first golem pops. One morning it was a well geared 60 rogue and a hard AF warrior w/ my cleric and we were literally sitting there for 15+ minutes AFK between emp PH dead and 1st ICG pop.

Note: if you're gonna do a super long grind session w/ a group and just want as stable a pet as possible, don't forget your -MR items!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Riptide_Spear + https://wiki.project1999.com/Tome_of_the_Eternal + 2x adamantite bands + rusty spiked pads = -45 MR or basically a whole extra tash. There's also the astral cloak + leggings for another -10 MR but they're kinda pricey and its prob not wurf.

I have absolutely 0 data to say how fewer charm breaks may occur over say a 4 hour period....but would you consistently charm a pet w/o tash? I think not. Same logic applies...unless there's some kind of DR on -MR.

If I'm somewhere decently safe and just I run swarmcaller + tome of the eternal + 1 ada band + rusty spiked. I bought an equal amount of ada bands and rusty spiked pads a while back ago and my OCD (j/k kinda) says if I'm gonna lose pet items I may as well keep it at a 1:1 ratio.
Last edited by kjs86z; 03-20-2019 at 11:56 AM..