View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't think of any situations where I've not been able to use the rod because I didn't have a target. I seem to always have a target. It's much better than wasting an earring slot on an item with basically no stats.

If you don't have a target and need a GCD refresh, you should rethink why you don't have a target and either target your self or stop hitting escape between casts.
I am just bringing up counterpoints as to why those items are not "preferred for GDC". On a Shaman, goblin earring is better than star of eyes because cannibalize is a target-less spell we use often, for example. You need less button clicks to chain cannibalize with goblin earring. Of course you can always target yourself or another target first, but it is possible to lose your target due to a mistaken click, button press, being out of range, etc.

Having your dedicated GDC item in your inventory also means you lose a bag slot. So you are trading like 35HP and 35MP on your earring that gives very little stats anyway for -10 inventory slots. More inventory slots can easily out-weight 35HP and 35MP.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-29-2021 at 04:28 PM..