View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Advice on the right Class to play

So I recently started on this server about a week ago and was wondering which class I should play. I started up an Ogre Warrior because I played a warrior and ranger on live some 8 or so years ago. I figured the Ogre was the best choice for a melee race and you can't really go wrong with the bonus experience from the Warrior class making the Ogre only lose about 3% experience total. I did some reading in between sessions and found out that the warrior is actually a weak class without gear and isn't really favored for tanking unless it's end game.

I'm not really sure what to play now, so my question here is what should I play? I've always favored the monk and bard, so I would be open to making one of those however I read that Monks are bad for first characters due to the whole copper deleting thing and what not. Bards are also complicated from what I am told due to the twisting of songs, so I am afraid that I'll end up getting to to a higher level and end up sucking at twisting. I'd also be open to a hybrid tank too.