Thread: Miscellaneous: Spirit Wracked Cords - Dropping?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not arguing Spirit Wracked Cords didn't exist, I'm arguing they didn't drop until after Luclin. They were a quest, and the quest was documented. There are references to people completing the quest prior to Luclin. There was an entire forum, and later an entire website, dedicated to the quest. None of that exists for the drop.

Kino's cloak was nerfed after the Chardok patch but before Luclin, if it was a mistake and they were on his loot table at that point seems like they would have noticed a random BIS item that required a lengthy quest on his loot table when they were nerfing it or at the least they would have noticed it a month later when they were altering loot across the entire zone.

Imo the likely scenario is they were introduced as a quest. Once Luclin loot was introduced making them less desirable Verant introduced them as a drop as part of their effort to make the game easier. The same reason they made Hammered Golden Loop droppable and all the other things they changed in Chardok post-Luclin.
I should have clarified the scenarios as the cords specifically being in the game as a dropped item off Kino or not. I assumed incorrectly that the discussion wasn't going to veer into the quest.

Your own post references comments about people camping vocal cords for weeks without seeing SWCs or vocal cords. You can find similar comments later on as well. In addition to this, I had posted some maths. Low% drop off low% spawn in area that is very difficult to camp (dangerous area behind locked door). Do you not find it plausible that it simply took a year for this drop to be reported somewhere?

My own anecdotal experience from live on Innoruuk is similar to Jans from the Rathe: Chardok was a pretty barren place. There'd often be a group at Castle Entrance or people exping on mobs at zone out, but that was about it. P99ers who didn't play on live dont realize that the majority of even uber raiding guilds weren't 60 until Luclin. A lot of "raiding" was bringing 2-3+ groups of 50+ to a zone like The Hole, Chardok, Sirens Grotto, Dragon Necropolis, etc. and just dungeon crawling with no specific targets in mind. That's how the majority of these zones got discovered and documented.