Thread: Game Mechanics: ST Post Kerafym Changes
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Oh and a separate note about the trolling.

Trolling in the bug report forum should probably warrant an immediate suspension/ban. Like I said, it upsets contributors, who in turn get frustrated and post things that upset the staff, and so on. Strict rules about posts here would probably also help things. For example, maybe no one here should even be questioning if proof is sufficient or not except staff.

All posts and comments here should require research or they should be deleted. I doubt there is any value in the "please fix this!" or "Yes, this would be awesome!" or "I don't remember it being like that on live" and so on comments. Every single comment here should have research either confirming or denying a specific bug.

If the staff needs feedback on which bugs players want fixed the most there would be more effective means to get that information than random people commenting about how much a certain bug bothers them or they wish it would be fixed.

I do all of these things I'm complaining about by the way because it's the way things are here. I post things I think were bugs with zero research and let others tell me I'm wrong and so on. It's like why not? That's the easiest way to vet a bug initially, start a discussion and see what others contribute. That kind of thing is probably better suited to the general forums though if people want to just gather feedback, memories, and so on. It's still a valuable function though just not so useful cluttering up these forums.

Lorekeeper staff member with forum mod permissions over the bug forums and an established process for updating status and communicating between volunteers/staff seems like a huge win in my opinion.