Thread: Game Mechanics: ST Post Kerafym Changes
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 06:38 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog, any chance you'd be willing to humor us and give some insight on what makes something like this complicated? I figured it may have something to do with wanting to dynamically change the loot tables based on an event (sleeper awakening) rather than patching it in manually when that event occurs.
Because there are multiple states of the zone, these changes will require duplicate copies of the npcs created just to satisfy the change requirements. After the copies are made, then they need the proposed adjustments, then they need to have duplicated spawngroups, spawnentries, rules, lootdrops, lootdrop entries, loottables, loottable entries etc associated with them. Then that needs to be tested.

Looked into this a bit to get a scope of changes. Will start with the easiest* tasks first before getting into difficulty changes of npcs and loot table % adjustments.

Quote:
ancient sentries no longer flurry
This seems easy enough.

Quote:
No mob in ST sees invis now. Before, they all saw invis.
If this should be the case, it means pre sleeper awakening npcs will be harder in the future. Currently, the following npcs do not see invis:

a newly created sentry
an aged caretaker
a tireless servitor

If I understand this correctly, those ^ should see invis prior to sleeper awakening. After sleeper wakes, nothing in the zone should see invis?

Quote:
Primals
Research posts in this thread indicate named golems *can* drop primals prior to sleeper waking, but it was not guaranteed. And they shouldn't be guaranteed after sleeper wakes, either. Quite a nerf.

Also, I noticed newly created sentries, and tireless servitors have no loottable. Is this correct?
Last edited by nilbog; 05-18-2022 at 09:40 AM..