Thread: Game Mechanics: ST Post Kerafym Changes
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

I think the tl;dr is (1) post awakening Sleeper's Tomb mobs should be easier (less flurry, no see invis and sneak/hide); (2)Prog/MOTG/FA should drop Primal weapons more often than current; and (3)primal drop rate should be more even across weapon types.

Some citations from prior posts /external sources -

https://web.archive.org/web/20011030...c&f=4&t=000292

Quote:
September 22, 2001 07:38 PM
For example:

- Ancient sentries no longer flurry. They are trivial to kill.
- MotG is now easily slowable/cripple/etc. Before it was quite an accomplishment for 10 to 11 people to kill the MotG, now it can be killed with as few as 4 or 5 people.
- Prog is similar to MotG as far as the spell resistances. It used to require effort, now it is trivial.
- No mob in ST sees invis now. Before, they all saw invis.
Quote:
September 24, 2001 09:45 AM
Easier or not, i havent looted anything but 1 prmial 1hs, 2 primal axe and 1 primal 2hand piercing in 4 month of ST. In 1 months since Kerafrym awaken and ST been fixed, we looted more Primal 1hb and 1h piercing than we ever loot of warder. nuff said.
Quote:
September 24, 2001 01:15 PM

Regardless, every mob in ST is only a shadow of what they were before Kerafrym was released. The fact that they don't see invis now makes CR trivial which wasn't in the past. The drop rates are like 4X what they once were. Killing everything down to the Warders once netted about 1 primal weapon and 2 priceless. Now that can be gotten just from killing the sentries and MotG. We cleaned ST out (before Kerafyrm release) except for the Warders a few times and got nothing at all. Basically ST is about 1/3 the difficulty as before (if not less) and drops at least 3X the rate as before (sans Warders, of course). (MUCH) Less risk and more reward.
A few posts from Croco/others regarding current drop % showing huge disparity and lack of 1hs/1hb/1hp in that order I believe

A number of quality posts from Dolalin as always.
Last edited by Tigerstyle Wutangfist; 05-17-2022 at 10:36 PM..