Thread: DKP
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We dont have a "minimum raid percentage" necessary to spend points, so you're going to have to quit assuming that I can read your mind if you want me to understand this system.

I'm also not a veteran, I joined p99 last year, so I do not stand to benefit from these legacy systems. Proud to be casual though, the idea that you have to be at 50 raids a month to spend the points you earn does not appeal to me at all. If someone wants to raid twice a month and only buy one item a year, thats justice. There's a reason why some of the casual guilds have been around for years while the top guilds burn out and have to reform.
The problem comes in when people raid for years and run out of things to spend dkp on. then it gets hoarded to the point that a person who actually now only plays once a month has a huge dkp lead over current active players and can log in on the nights he wants and take any loot he chooses then log back off til next loot time. Since you have no minimum RA to bid this is a very real issue.

Our guild does cap DKP monthly to encourage you to spend it on upgrades instead of hoarding it. We have a minimum ra requirement to bid past a certain amount. We also do open guildchat bids so everyone knows who wants what and how badly. this system seems to fairly gear people and i really have no complaints