View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what are we gonna do if Ukraine wins this just let Russia chill right next-door?
I imagine Ukraine will push to join the EU and NATO, now that it's far more politically feasible.

Russia will just have to come to grips with that.

Who knows if they will or not. But Ukraine wouldn't be the first NATO country to border them, so I don't know why one more would make a difference.

I guess Russia could mobilize and invade again, but I don't know how well that would work for them. They would basically need to go big or go home with the propaganda and convince their people they need to invade more than just Ukraine. In that case, they lose to NATO.

Russia has every right to be paranoid. And if Ukraine/the West control Crimea, well bye bye Russian Navy. I'm sure leaders in the West envision a world without them, but to pro-actively invade a country over those fears is stupid and must be punished.

And yes, the same should've happened to the US. But it didn't. Because might unfortunately makes right in our world.

The whole scenario is a mess, and will always be a mess. Ukraine is placed in a horrible position, location wise. Whomever controls Ukraine controls the world. It's like the modern day Constantinople.