Thread: Lonely MMO
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi!

I just wanted to say that the high-end of this game has been a major disappointment and definitely not classic-like in any way, shape, or form. It likely has to do with what some of what is being discussed in this forum lately. When I played Everquest in 1999, I was 9 years old. I had learned to play by reading the thick-book manual that came with the game, as well as watching my brother. At the time, I had stupidly chosen the hardest class ever to play - a warrior! I also played a necromancer. Both were a blast and some of my fondest childhood gaming memories are from that time. Back then, I never had trouble finding people to play with. Basically anywhere, anytime, you could find something to do with a group of people. I even remember when I finally got outed as an 12 or 13 year old in my guild - sitting in Siren's Grotto killing random trash and asking my guild why everyone in my group was joking about Pearl Necklaces dropping. Good times!

But now, none of that. Can't find things to do with anyone, anywhere, in zones where there is XP. Seems like high-end guilds run with do-not-invite-outsider policies in most zones and full camp them non-stop. Do you all even keep your chat screens on or do you just block /ooc and anyone looking for groups?

I'm sure some will say I'm just complaining about being low level or whatever. Honestly the pixels don't mean anything to me, I was just looking for a decent experience. I was probably a total trash player back in 1999, but at least people wanted to play together...such a shame that we lost that here.

Have a good night! Peace be with you!
Many feel tht way about classic wow too. It's honestly just hard to find a good MMO anymore, FF14 was fun until i hit max level/finished main story quest. I'm just not a fan of the type of grinding/raiding it presents. I'll resub when the next expansion comes out and run my SAM through some new story content.