View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again.
CHICAGO — Chicago police are stopping Black drivers overwhelmingly more often than white drivers, according to a state report.

Illinois Traffic and Pedestrian Stop Study data shows police are pulling over Chicago drivers more in recent years than ever before. It also shows massive racial disparities in how the roadways are policed: Chicago police stopped more than 204,000 Black drivers in 2020, compared to just over 35,000 white drivers.

Thats racism. Pretty easy to see.

You'd be wrong and really stupid to believe that police dont pick where and who they want to enforce the law against.
Since you like statistics so much, go ahead and look up your own references on this:

African americans are orders of magnitude more likely to ignore traffic signals, respond to officer's questions in a belligerent/resistant manner, be in possession of weapons, narcotics, contraband in general. African americans often drive vehicles with illegal modifications, dark tints, lug extensions to mount those tires that stick out, expired registrations, tags etc.

Do your own research, I'd start with the NTSB then FBI stats.

The main thing, is the attitude of how they respond to cops, they see these officers as oppressors, when they are just trying to perform a job (that you and I pay them to do) Policemen work shit jobs for long hours. Every single "routine traffic stop" could be their last act on earth. I'm sure you have all seen bodycam footage of a cop making a traffic stop, and the driver just starts shooting.

So, a little bit of respect goes 1000 miles when you get stopped by police. They don't want to harass you if they don't have to.

I have been arrested 4 times in my life, I had a short stay in jail (not prison) twice. At no time was I ever mistreated by the police, detectives, or corrections officers. the detectives even worked with me to lessen the charges against me.

Why did they do this? Because I was straight up, honest, and respectful.

Oh, and before you try to make this a racial thing, I AM NOT A WHITE MAN.